Friday, February 5, 2010

Pam's Kitchen

I write this now, since the secret is out and everybody and their brother, mother, cousin, entourage is there now. PEOPLE PLEASE!!!! It's a small place, don't bring in 20 freakin people here and bitch about how long it's taking to get seated and fed. Damn you Guy Fiere and your stupid show. I also had to move tables on 3 different occasions to accomodate for reservations and seating mistakes made by the staff. Cool, no problem, but maybe a complimentary beer or appetizer would have been appropriate. I must admit I used to frequent this place more before it got too famous and increasingly more expensive, but the food is good. The goat curry is what you must get and the buttery dhal puri roti is the perfect utensil for sopping up all that yummy spicy curried potatos and chickpeas. The beef has a new tomato based sauce that I do not like and they do not distinguish this on their menu just so you know. As much as I like the waiter and his mom's home cooking, he did try to convince me that the dish was good even though I just told him I didn't like it as much as the old standard curried sauce. Strange. I didn't like the mushy rice dish either and he tried to convince me otherwise as well. Tip: Go early early early and on the weekday to avoid the 20 gazillion UW students, order quick, get some rum punch, eat, and get the hell out of there before the rush!

No comments:

Post a Comment